This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
Suffering from fibromyalgia can be an isolating experience but, it’s important to remember that you are not alone. The internet is full of helpful blogs created by fellow fibromyalgia patients who share their experiences, advice and support. Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite fibromyalgia blogs with you.
Today also marks the start of a new feature on my blog; Sunday Share. On Sundays I will share some of my favorite or not so favorite things with you. It could be anything…
15 of my favorite fibromyalgia blogs:
- A Life Less Physical –
Sarah was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2009. Although her blog often focuses on activities that are suitable for people who enjoy a life less physical, she also features her thoughts and loves including design, food, lifestyle wellness – and anything else I happen to be going through on any given day.
- A Life Well Red – Kristine was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS). A Life Well Red is designed to inform, encourage, and offer a ‘soft place to land’ while finding beauty and grace living a life with ‘invisible chronic illness’.
- Brainless Blogger – Created by Nikki Albert, who has chronic migraines with aura and fibromyalgia. Her blog is about raising awareness on chronic pain. It covers chronic pain, migraines and fibromyalgia primarily and associated conditions; insomnia, brainfog, IBS. From personal experience to research.
- Chronic Mom – Shelley is a mom living with Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease. The purpose of her blog is to let sick people know that they are not alone and that there are other people out there like them. She also hopes to make people laugh along the way because laughter makes everything better.
- Chronically Kristin – Inner musings of a chronic illness fighter determined to win. Kristin chronicles her life with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Rhinitis, Costochondritis, and Anxiety. She writes about her health issues, product reviews, health conferences, social media, and patient advocacy.
- Counting My Spoons – Julie created Counting My Spoons as a way to inform and inspire others living with (often invisible) chronic illnesses, including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme, Endometriosis, Migraines, Cluster Headaches, MS, and many others.
- Cranky Fibro Girl – Jenny writes about living with fibromyalgia and bipolar disorder. She has the ability to find the humor in any situation. Her blog is a slightly offbeat view of the world with a healthy dose of sarcasm.
- February Stars – Donna shares her experiences of life with fibromyalgia. You can expect to find uplifting and positive content relating to living as well as possible with chronic illness intertwined with stories of her life.
- Fed Up With Fatigue – Donna’s blog is devoted to helping others live better with fibromyalgia and ME/CFS. She weeds through thousands of medical studies and claims in an attempt to find out what really works when it comes to reducing the symptoms of fibromyalgia and ME/CFS.
- Fibro Warriors Living Life – Melissa is a chronic pain patient, advocate, and author. She offers positive encouragement, medical information, resources, and support to fibromyalgia and chronic pain patients.
- Grace is Sufficient – Grace’s blog is a place of encouragement with tips, tricks, and all things helpful to grow your life into the fulfilling, purpose-filled life the Lord desires for all of us. You’ll see posts and information relating to the struggles, hardships, and dark side of chronic illnesses but overall the positive will shine through.
- Mama Sick – Emily suffers from Bipolar Disorder, Lupus, Diabetes and Fibromyalgia. She wants to let sick moms know that they are not the only ones going through this and educate people about what can happen when one becomes catastrophically ill. She strives to break down stereotypes of what a disabled mom, a family on food stamps and temporary homelessness is like.
- My Foggy Brain – Tamiko created her blog to share her experience with fibromyalgia, depression and various other fun things she has been diagnosed with over the years. She writes about her ups and downs, doctor visits, what she’s learned and recommends.
- Seeking Equilibrium – Rosemary tries to find humor in everyday life. Her blog reflects her view of life from the world of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain.
- The Girl With 5 Lads – Ness believes everyone has the ability to shine and likes to help people find the right direction. Her blog covers ordinary life as a family, chronic illness, all things beauty, crafting, recipes and positive living.
I have found blogging to be a great way to feel connected to a wider support network; as well as sharing our experiences, helpful advice/information or just venting! Have you written a blog about fibromyalgia, or are you inspired to do so? Be sure to share the link to your blog or any great blogs that you have discovered in the comment section.
P.S. If you blog about living with chronic illness, you might want to join Chronic Illness Bloggers, a blog network created by Julie Ryan specifically for the chronic illness community.